Friday, June 27, 2008

poem using spoonerisms

Spoonerisms are words or phrases in which letters or syllables get swapped. This often happens accidentally in slips of the tongue (or tips of the slung as Spoonerisms are often affectionately called!):

I have used the following spoonerisms...

fighting a liar lighting a fire
nosey little cook cosy little nook
The blushing crow The crushing blow
a half-warmed fish a half-formed wish
teasing my ears easing my tears
lack of pies pack of lies
flutter by butterfly
ready as a stock steady as a rock
fight in this race right in his face

Note : Pie is a monetary unit formerly in use in India and Pakistan. I have used it in that sense....


I asked her…
Are you fighting a liar
Or lighting a fire
In others heart

Be quiet, she said.. I am suspicious
Of this nosey little cook
I will meet you
At the cozy little nook

We met, she said
I want to give
That blushing crow
A crushing blow

She inquired. Are you with me?
A half-warmed fish and
A Half-formed wish
Is of no use

I said…your meaningless anger
Is teasing my ears
She asked.. is it?
I thought you came here
For easing my tears

You understand not..she said…
I was desparate...lack of pies
Made me believe
His pack of lies…

And he…near me
He used to flutter by
But at last like a butterfly
He left me alone…

But now..I am..she said
Ready as a stock
And steady as a rock
To face him…and take revenge

I said…I am with you...worry not
We will fight in this race
And show him who he is
Right in his face

No comments: