Friday, June 27, 2008

camouflages - chapter 9

Chapter 9

With fear Andrew continued “I can’t tell you the details about how I got the money for my wife’s treatment as I have agreed on confidentiality of that matter, but I can assure that it has nothing to do with the death of my master. I plead you to believe me. I can never think of anything like that”. Kevin said “Only time can decide. Let us see. You may go now. Would you tell Mr. David to come and meet us once he is in?”. Andrew replied “Sure sirs”.

Kevin and Perry were each busy in their own line of thoughts. There was a gloom surrounding them as if they had disappeared and only vacuum existed in that room. Suddenly Perry arose from his chair and began to look at the array of books in the display. He felt amused at the wide array of display covering all the kinds of book. But it was thoroughly a matter of pity that the books were covered with dust. Truly no one had used this room properly for a long time. His thought process was interrupted by a silent knock at the door. He turned back and saw David at the door. Kevin welcomed David in. Perry slowly returned back to his seat and came back to the present.

David talked “I guess you people wanted to see me. I am ready to help you in any way possible. I just want to see the murderer behind the bars”. Kevin felt surprised at the readiness in David’s voice but he wanted to test him. He replied “Thank you Mr. David. That would make our job easy. Er..Would you tell us if you were aware that your boss wanted to change his will?”. David replied “Is it so? I did not know that. I did not much about his personal affairs”. Perry who had been looking at the green and peaceful vista outside suddenly spoke as if making his presence felt “You might very well have known that his business comes to your control after he died. I have no doubt about it”.

David’s face slightly turned red. Quickly composing himself he continued “Yes, I was aware of that. But I did not know that he wanted to change his will. But now when I come to think of that, I feel it is quite possible. But what change he would have wanted to make in the will, I am not sure. As far as I see, he was having conflicts with everyone in the family and thinking about the problems in his business, I must say he was in a pitiable position.”. Quite curiously Perry asked “Business problem?. What problem are you referring to”. Casually David continued “We had been continuously losing our tenders to our opponent company. We began to have our suspicions that an insider was involved”. Kevin and Perry looked at each other. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and the local policeman announced that the autopsy report was available.

David’s turn….

No comments: