Friday, June 27, 2008

Camouflages - chapter 7

Chapter 7

Kathy continued “If you think that I can be so brutal to kill my own father, then you are wrong. I was angry with him, I agree. I wanted him to pay for his deeds, but murder never crossed my mind. He was my father. How can I have done this to him? Leave alone him, I could never do anything like that to any individual”. Kevin asked “What do you think of your family lawyer Mr. Louis? We have inkling that he is being more affectionate to you now. We have also heard gossips about him and Miss Alicia”.

Kathy replied “He is our family lawyer and I have no idea about his personal matters. May be he would have understood what I am going through and the concern that he shows is quite natural under the circumstances”. Kevin asked “So you don’t see anything suspicious? Strange.. what do you have to say about your relationship with your father’s assistant David? I am sorry to say, but some gossip about you both is also going around the town”. Feeling unhappy Kathy looked away. Then she looked directly at Kevin and answered “ I don’t see how this question is related to the crime. I feel I have answered enough of your questions. If you permit, I have other business to look after”.

Perry asked “I have one more last set of questions. After answering that you are free to go. Was your father fair to leave only 25% of property to you and the remaining to your step mother and sister? Did it cause you to feel more betrayed? Did you feel devastated? Tell me truth, Did you kill your father or not?”. Kathy sobbed and said “I have not killed my father. Please believe me. She stared at the ceiling once again. After controlling herself, she seemed like a different person. If you have no more questions, I would like to leave”.

Both Kevin and Perry nodded. After Kathy left, Kevin muttered, “interesting”. Perry inquired “Who is the next fish?”. Kevin said. “Only 3 left. Who shall we call next?”. Perry said lets see what Alicia has to say about this?

Alicia entered. She asked “I guess you gentlemen wanted to see me. Could you ask me your questions fast? I have an important appointment”. Perry said “sure madam, we have a few questions, after which you are free to go”. Alicia nodded. Perry continued “How do you feel about your mother?”. Alicia replied “By now you might have known how Kathy felt for her father. I felt the same way about my mother. These relations, they are so complex. I loved as well as hated my mother. My mother thinks that money is the biggest thing in world and she can do anything for it. She left my father for it and look at her now. She is adorned with such expensive jewels while my real father doesn’t have money even to fill his stomach”. Perry asked “so you say she married Mr Peterson’s for money?”. Alicia shrugged “What else could be the reason?”. Kevin inquired “So why r u with her now. Do you also have the same love for money?”. Alicia replied “It was because of the court order. As my father was not able to support me, I had to stay with my mother, but I have been constantly in touch with him and helping him in the ways I can”. Perry asked “So you say you are not interested in money?”. Alicia said “yes, money will go one day. It is affection I yearn for”.

Kevin said “ok, so you yearned for your father’s affection and you loved your mother in a way. So you could not punish her as well. So was it your step father, whom you felt responsible for what happened? Did your rage cause you to take such an action”. Alicia yelled “What action?”. Kevin said “Murder of your step father of course. Would it not solve all the problems? Your mother would have the money and you both can go back to your real father and lead a peaceful life. Am I right”. Perry added “or was it for the fear that Mr Peterson would change the will and you would not be able to change your fate?”

Alicia did not look happy and stared at both of them

Alicia’s speaks ….

No comments: