Friday, June 27, 2008

Camouflages - Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Alicia said “You mean to say that my step father wanted to change the will?”. Perry inquired “you look surprised. Didn’t you know?”. Alicia mutterd “I knew nothing about that. I never had or never will have any intentions of murdering anyone”. Kevin added “You say so?. Ok could you tell us something about your relationship to the family lawyer? I understand that you are a very affectionate person, but were you extra affectionate towards him”. Alicia gasped “everybody knows, I love him very much. Does that bother you?”. Kevin seemed amused “Not at all Miss Alicia. . I must say that you are a very bold person”. Alicia replied “Why should one hide the truth. It will come out one day.”. Perry agreed and asked “What do you have to say about the growing affection between your step sister Kathy and your lover Louis?”. With anger Alicia yelled “It would be better if you do not bring that up now”. Kevin replied “I can see that you are disturbed by it. But I wonder how far you went or how far you are ready to go…. Ok, I think we are done for now. We will get back to you if we have any further questions. Thanks for your time miss Alicia.”.

Kevin asked “Perry what do you think of the interview?”. Perry answered “The camouflages are slowing disappearing. Time will tell…I will call the servant Andrew to check if Mr. Peterson’s assistant David is available?”.

Andrew entered and informed them that Mr. David was out on business and will return back after some time. He was heading towards the door when Perry stopped him and said “oh..Andrew, you are already on your way. If you are not that busy, we would like to know your views on some issues”. Looking nervous Andrew took his seat and lowered his eyesight. Kevin asked “Your family has served Mr. Peterson’s family for a long time. How do you feel about the family?”. Andrew answered “Our family is obliged
to our master’s family. Senior Peterson was a wonderful man. He treated everyone as equals. It was a wonderful time working for him. I often miss those days”. Perry interrupted and added “That I can see. He also left you some share which you were supposed to get when junior Peterson died. Am I not right? I feel you were not quite happy with the way Junior Peterson’s treated you. You are talking just about your senior master”. Nervously Andrew chuckled “No, I did not mean that. I was about to tell about him, but you interrupted me”. Perry looked at him “oh…I am sorry. You can continue. Tell me how you felt about Mr. Peterson?” Andrew replied “As you are very well aware of him. He had quite a temper. But having lived with him for so many years I had come to know about him and did not feel for what he did in anger. His true intentions were not bad”.

Kevin looked surprised and asked “You didn’t feel even when he refused your request for a small loan. You did not feel even when it meant a lot to you. You did not feel even when that money was valuable for saving your wife’s life?”. Nervously Andrew began to bite his nails. He muttered “What you people trying to say?”. Perry said “You don’t understand eh….According to your senior master’s will you were supposed to get the money after junior Peterson’s death. So your master’s death profited you. Were you involved?”. With tears Andrew answered. “You cannot accuse me of my master’s death. I am innocent. I am devoted to that family”. Kevin added “Let us see how much truth is on your side. By the way where is your wife now. She is in hospital right? How did you manage to get the money for it?”

Andrew starred at them….

The cook cooks his story….

No comments: