Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Camouflages - chapter 5

Chapter 5

After careful thinking Louis continued “I have always felt sympathy for that girl Kathy. I think that she had always yearned for her father’s love and now when her father is no more, I could understand what she is going through. Regarding the gossip that you have heard, that is true. I am basically a friendly person and as you suggested I had met Alicia many times. You can take that in any sense but I think there is nothing wrong in that and by the way, I don’t think this is anyway related to Mr. Peterson’s murder, so it would be better if you could leave my personal life alone ”. Perry said “ We ask it because it is related to the crime. You may not understand the link now, but in years I have learnt that you should not leave any loose threads. All the facts are important. You can’t be blind to these insignificant facts as you call them”.

Kevin said“Perry, I think we can leave this topic for now. I don’t want to embarrass Mr. Louis in any way if he is not comfortable. Now comes the main matter. Could you give us the details of the legal heirs for Mr. Peterson’s properties? To simplify could you tell about Mr. Peterson’s will and how he had divided the property”. Louis answered “According to Senior Peterson’s will, (Mr Michael Peterson’s father), Mr. Peterson came into the possession of the family property when he turned 18 and he had freedom to divide his share among anyone he pleased. Senior Peterson had also allocated a small amount to Andrew’s family as they had served his family for three generations and Andrew was supposed to obtain it when Junior Peterson died. My client had transferred the property to his first wife, but after her death he had changed his will again”. Perry inquired “Was it after he married Jennifer?”. Louis replied “yes of course. That woman had indeed had a charm and my client was dancing to her tunes. I can very well say that even though she bestowed her affection towards Kathy or she acted to say more clearly, she wished her own daughter Alicia to come in possession of the money.” Perry whistled and said “interesting”. Kevin said so according to the new will who were the legal heirs?

Louis continued “According to the new will Alicia and Kathy both got 25% share each, Jennifer got the remaining. Mr David Nicholas was supposed to come into the possession of Mr. Peterson’s business and he was supposed to share the 50% of the profit with the family. So all except me became the heirs of my client’s property”. Perry inquired “Does that affect you in any way”. Louis barked “Absolutely not. I just told you the facts. But I was confused when my client called me yesterday morning and told that he wanted to change the will. I was supposed to meet him after dinner, but after the violent outburst, I thought it was not the best time for business and pushed aside the idea.”

Kevin and Perry looked at him with interest….

The plot thickens….

No comments: