Monday, June 16, 2008

Camouflages - Chapter 3

Jennifer yelled “What do you mean. Are you trying to say that I married him for the money?”. Kevin said “Madam that is the talk of the town”. Jennifer nodded “Town. Who are these town people? They like to rip the life of others. They constantly need some topic for gossip. Would a millionaire be spared? I don’t think so?”. Perry questioned “ But I hear that the relationship between Peterson and his first wife was quite strained. Then why was he that much affected by his wife’s death?” Jennifer answered “that’s quite true. But after living with him for some time, I have come to know that Peterson was a man hard as rock but beneath him was a soft individual. He was not a man to let out his emotions easily. That was against his pride. But he truly loved his wife and his daughter. That’s what I felt.” Perry nodded and said “I can understand”.

Kevin asked the next question “How was the relationship between him and his daughter Kathy?”. Jennifer said “Kathy loved her father, but hated him in a way. She believed that he had treated her mother badly and he was responsible for her death. But she had begun to change her mind about him when he was in complete agony after her mother’s death. She also wanted to mend with him. But then he married me and she felt betrayed again. Seeing me in her mother’s place made her mad. She was not cordial with me. But I believed that she was like my child and treated her well and slowly she began to understand my love for her. But she could never forgive her father”.

Perry’s next question was about the outburst at the dinner. Jennifer told them that the outburst started with Peterson accusing everyone. He told “Every one of you is wearing a camouflage. I can see that. You are not what you seem. I have been betrayed by each and every one of you. He accused me of marrying him for money, his daughter for not understanding him, when he was in agony and so on. It was a heated argument which had left everyone shocked, but no one had expected this to happen.” Kevin said “Seems interesting..Thank you Mrs Peterson. That’s all for now. We will get back to you if we have any further questions.” After Jennifer left Kevin murmured “Peterson was true in a way. Every human wears a camouflage. It is this camouflage that we have to tear to look at the true individual inside. Each one is not what we seem. What do you think perry?”. Perry agreed “Yes, you are right my dear friend. I feel this case is going to get interesting. The interview with Jennifer went on well. Let’s see what the others have to say. I hope the autopsy also yields some useful results.” Saying this they both smiled in agreement…


The mystery unfolds....

No comments: