Friday, June 27, 2008

Camouflages - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Kevin inquired “You mean to say, Mr. Peterson had changed his mind and wanted to change the will?”. Louis nodded his head. Perry asked “Do you know what made him change his mind or in whose favor the new will was supposed to be?”. Louis said “He did not give me any hint and as I was going to meet him soon, I thought it quite inappropriate ate to ask about it over phone. But I could feel the urgency in his voice”. Kevin muttered “I see”. Perry asked “Could you tell us the procedure you and your client followed while preparing any legal document like the will”. Louis answered “My client was well educated and very much aware of the law. Being an impatient man, he used to prepare the document himself and then I used to review the same for any changes. We used to dispose the old copy and create a new copy and then my client used to sign it”. Perry queried “Impatient you say.... Do you know if anyone else was aware that he was going to change the will and is it possible that he might have already prepared the new will”. Louis replied “If anyone else is aware of this or not, I can’t say for sure. Truly the murderer might have known. But my client did not mention any such information to me. If you ask me if he could have prepared the new will? I would say it is possible, taking into account his urgency. I could smell something wrong. But I don’t have any further information about the will.”

Perry said “I agree with you. Probably the murderer came into the possession of the will. It is one possibility.You say you did not see the new will. Is it not so?”. Louis replied with anger “Yes, I did not see it”. Kevin said “I think that’s all for now. We would get back to you in case of further questions. Thank you for your time.”

After Louis left Perry asked Kevin “What do you think of the fellow? Do you think he is telling the truth?”. Kevin replied “Only time will tell. Lets see. I also hope that the autopsy report sheds some light. When is it expected to arrive?”. Perry replied “I guess by tomorrow”.

The next person to be interviewed was Kathy. After she was seated, she stared at the ceiling with a dumb expression. Suddenly she heard someone calling her name. She came back to the present and said “sorry, I was lost in my own thought. I am not able to cope up this blow yet. I should have compromised with my father. But it is too late now and she begun to sob”. Perry handed her a tissue. After she controlled herself she said “Sorry for creating a scene, I am now ready to answer your questions”.

Kevin nodded in agreement and asked “You now feel for your father’s death but did you show any sympathy for him when he was alive?”. Turning red hot Kathy replied “You are asking this even after you know how he had treated me and my mother? I wanted to take revenge for all the hurt he had caused. I wanted to take revenge for not treating my mother like how he treated Jennifer”.

Perry said “Revenge you say. What kind of revenge? Was it murder?”.

Kathy laughed “You think so? Let me make myself clear…”

Kevin and Perry looked amused…..

Kathy spills her heart……

No comments: